The RTC, in collaboration with regional partners, stakeholders, and the community, is leading an initiative to design and reconstruct a safer, more resilient Lemmon Drive between Fleetwood Drive and Ramsey Way. The Lemmon Drive Traffic Improvements & Resiliency Project will assess the reconstruction of the roadway above the 100-year floodplain to enhance safety, connectivity, and resilience, particularly in adverse weather conditions and emergency events.
The proposed Lemmon Drive will have two lanes of traffic, one in each direction, north of Palace Drive. Lemmon Drive between Fleetwood Drive and Patrician Drive will increase to two lanes in each direction to improve traffic operations.
- An elevated roadway to mitigate potential flooding impacts on the transportation network while allowing reliable access by residents and emergency services during weather events
- Enhanced multimodal access (pedestrian, bicycle, and equestrian)
- Enhanced walkway access from Lemmon Drive to Lemmon Valley Elementary School
- Enhance safety for the traveling public by eliminating driveway access to Lemmon Drive
- A substantial $50 million investment into the Lemmon Valley community
- Operational improvements from Fleetwood Drive to Palace Drive
The Lemmon Drive Traffic Improvements & Resiliency Project is a significant step toward creating a more resilient and safe Lemmon Drive, fostering a robust and secure transportation network.
The project is currently in the NEPA design/environmental phases and the RTC is seeking comments on an alternative to be moved forward to be studied as part of the NEPA compliance review. Construction could begin as early as 2025.
Study Area Map:
View the completed Alternative Analysis and preliminary design
RTC has engaged the services of CA Group as a consultant designer to advance the design and complete NEPA environmental process for the project. Please view the alternatives below:
Bryan Byrne, P.E.
Regional Transportation Commission of Washoe County
RTC Washoe Public Information Officer
1105 Terminal Way, Reno NV 89502